Gismonda is an elegant Art-Nouveau style typeface in one weight possibly published first by the now extinct company Face Photosetting in London, UK.
I found this font on a PD font CD without any hints to its origin. In 2002, I cleaned up the glyphs and added international characters. That version was published in Fontgrube through the same year.
Later on I learned that the font digitisation was attributed to one Sam Wang - there are quite a few people of this name in the net but none of them obviously associated with fontmaking. He seems to have digitized a number of Art Nouveau typefaces in the early nineties (see http://luc.devroye.org/fonts-28307.html).
Last year, on October 22nd 2012, a Geoff Nicholson stated on Fontspace (http://www.fontspace.com/sam-wang/gismonda):
This typeface was actually designed by myself in 1971
for Face Photosetting in London , England.
The company ceased to exist in the mid 1980s, so
somehow I no longer seem to be credited for this.
Once again, there are several Geoff Nicholsons in the internet, and the one on fontspace did not reply to a request to explain in more detail. So all we have (as yet) on the history of Gismonda is two names and no idea who is behind them.
So as for me, this font is free for commercial and non-commercial use.
For redistribution please read the license below.
LICENSE FOR GISMONDA FG
You may use this font software free of charge for both personal and commercial use.
Conversion and modification
You may convert this font to other formats including web font formats or modify it for your own purposes. You may use web font formats of this font to display text on your web pages, but you may not explicitly offer converted or modified versions of this font software for download or re-use by others, unless you have received permission in writing to do so.
You may distribute this font on digital media or as a download on your website as long as you comply with the following rules. Violation of one or more of these rules terminates your distribution license and you have to stop distribution immediately:
1. You may offer the font only in form of a ZIP file containing only the font software and this readme file.
2. You are not allowed to distribute the font software without this text file.
3. You may not redistribute modified or converted copies of the font software (see above).
4. You may not add advertising messages in text or graphics form to the zip file.
5. You are not allowed to create a self-extracting executable file containing the font software or require the user 6. to run or install a download manager or other software to get the download.
7. You may not charge money for the download.
8. If you want to distribute this font on storage media (CD DVD) produced in numbers of more than 50 identical copies, you must send Fontgrube a specimen copy.
Further updates of this font may be published on my web site fontgrube.de. Have fun with this font.